Donate to Charity
Twin Cities Local Relief
Support local organizations that are providing direct assistance to residents, businesses and organizations affected by the recent protests.
We Love Lake Street – Lake Street Council’s fund to help rebuild small businesses and community organizations along the Lake Street corridor.
City Joy Support the Cities – Support the Cities has been coordinating daily food, volunteer and supply drives in various locations throughout Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Neighbors United Funding Collaborative – Supports recovery efforts in the Hamline Midway and Union Park neighborhoods.
The Central Neighborhood – This fund supports rebuilding and resident support efforts in the Central and Midtown neighborhoods.
NorthPoint Health – Northpoint provides food, shelter and emergency assistance services to North Minneapolis and surrounding neighborhoods.
The Minneapolis Foundation Safe Communities – Safe Communities Grant Fund provides direct assistance to communication, advocacy and organizing efforts led by community-based organizations that have a track record of successfully contributing to the reduction of violence in Minneapolis neighborhoods.
Support local non-profits providing COVID-19 related assistance!
- Greater Twin Cities United Way COVID-19 Response & Recovery Fund – this is a separate fund housed by GTCUW to provide support to a wide variety of needs directly related to COVID-19. 100% of the funds go directly to the community.
- Saint Paul Bridge Fund – emergency relief fund for families with children and small business impacted by COVID-19.
- Minneapolis Gap Funding – similar to the St Paul Bridge Foundation, short-term emergency relief for families and small business.
- One MPLS Fund – through the Minneapolis Foundation, direct support for business and essential program continuity for local nonprofits who meet basic needs for vulnerable populations.
- Minnesota Disaster Recovery Fund for Coronavirus – joint effort of the Minnesota Council on Foundations and the Saint Paul & Minnesota Foundation. 100% of funds are directed to local community foundations and intermediaries.
- Second Harvest Heartland – one of the area’s largest food assistance programs, helping with COVID-related emergency meals.
- Minneapolis Food Shelves – entire network of food shelves and ancillary services in Minneapolis
- Minnesota Central Kitchen – a collaborative effort with restaurants, caterers and hunger relief organizations joining forces to help short-term hunger needs in the community. Here’s a great article.
- Valley Outreach (Stillwater, MN), Meals from the Heart (Stillwater, MN), ICAA Food Pantry (Burnett Co, WI), and NWCSA Food Pantry (Northwest WI) – food shelves supporting their neighborhood populations. (Note: there are many neighborhood-centric food banks and they are all in need of assistance with monetary and food donations right now due to the sudden increase of needy families)
- Twin Cities Music Community Trust – is an emergency fund set up for the support of musicians and support staff in the wake of cancellations of concerts, shows and events. Donations go directly to individuals by need.
- Springboard for the Arts Emergency Relief Fund – funds to meet emergency needs of artists living in Minnesota affected by COVID-19.
Let us help facilitate connections. Make a request or offer to help below!
Do you need help getting groceries? Would you like help tutoring your child? Would you like to request a letter be written for a family member in isolation? Is there something else you need help with?
Make a request below! Send us a note detailing what you need help with!
Want to help make a difference? Volunteer to get groceries, tutor a child, or write a letter to someone in isolation! Even host a virtual event (yoga, art classes, or whatever your talent may be)!
Offer to help below! Send us a note detailing how you can help!