- Audio Books
- Physical Books
- The Art of Possibility by Rosamund Stone Zander – Discover the twelve breakthrough practices for bringing creativity and a sense of possibility into all of your endeavors
- Bad Blood by John Carreyrou – the story of Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos
- Winterdance by Gary Paulsen – the story of Gary Paulsen’s experience training for and competing in his first Iditarod race.
- Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann – Non-fiction. Members of the Osage tribe in the United States are murdered under mysterious circumstances.
- The Moment of Lift by Melinda Gates – Melinda tells stories of the people she’s met through her work internationally, and defends why empowering women changes the world.
- Factfulness by Hans Rosling, Ola Rosling, Anna Rosling – “a hopeful book about the potential for human progress when we work off facts rather than our inherent biases.”
- The Ride of a Lifetime by Robert Iger – A memoir from former CEO of The Walt Disney Company
- Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer – Takes you inside America’s isolated Mormon Fundamentalist communities
- Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance – A passionate and personal analysis of a culture in crisis—that of white working-class Americans
- Red Notice by Bill Browder – reads like a thriller but is a non-fiction account of corruption in Putin’s Russia
- Dune by Frank Herbert – A science fiction epic with a stunning blend of adventure and mysticism, environmentalism and politics
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho – tells a story about the importance of following your dreams and personal legend
- Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Watership Down by Richard Adams – Timeless classic of survival and adventure
- The Outsider by Stephen King – A horror novel following the investigation of an eleven-year-old boy’s murder
- I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes – A suspense novel following a flawless plot to commit an appalling crime against humanity
- Beneath the Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan – The fictionalized true story of a young Italian boy’s experiences during WW2
- Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover – An amazing memoir about Westover overcoming her survivalist Mormon family to go to college.
- Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah – Trevor Noah’s unlikely path from apartheid South Africa to the desk of The Daily Show
TV Show Recommendations
- Schitt’s Creek – Netflix
- Altered Carbon – Netflix
- Jack Ryan – Amazon Prime
- This Is Us – NBC
- The Americans – Amazon Prime
- Dirty Money – Netflix
- The Pharmacist – Netflix
- Great British Baking Show – Netflix
- Star Trek – Netflix
- Fargo – FX
- McMillions – HBO
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Amazon Prime
- Kim’s Convenience – Netflix
- Some Good News – Youtube – John Krasinski’s weekly episodes of good news in the world
- Once upon a time in Hollywood
- Frozen 2
- Jojo Rabbit
- Ford vs. Ferrari
- Little Women
- The Metropolitan Opera – stream some of their most famed performances
- Music: Here’s a list of live virtual concerts to watch
- Worship: Watch the Basilica of St. Mary’s Live Stream of mass each Sunday
- Tim Ferris with Jim Collins – Tim Ferris’ interview with Jim Collins, American researcher, author, and speaker.
- Tim Ferris with Seth Godin – Tim Ferris’ interview with Seth Godin
- Judge John Hodgman – a weekly, comedic court show podcast
- Moth Radio Hour – mixes humorous, heartbreaking, and poignant tales that captivate, surprise, and delight audiences with their honesty, bravery and humor.
- Armchair Expert – a podcast that celebrates the messiness of being human
- Revisionist History – Malcolm Gladwell’s journey through the overlooked and the misunderstood. Every episode re-examines something from the past
- NPR’s Hidden Brain – Shankar Vedantam uses science and storytelling to reveal the unconscious patterns that drive human behavior
- Against the Rules – Journalist and bestselling author Michael Lewis (Liar’s Poker, Moneyball) takes a searing look at what’s happened to fairness—in financial markets, newsrooms, basketball games, courts of law, and much more
- NPR’s The Indicator – helps you make sense of what’s happening today. It’s a quick hit of insight into work, business, the economy, and everything else.
- Hard Core History – Carlin’s work weaves historical information with deep questions and Twilight Zone-style twists to help illustrate the power and continuing relevance of the past.
Download our Quarantine Playlist
- Words with Friends 2
- Jackbox Games
- Board Game Arena – online boardgames
- Tabletopia – online boardgames
- Parsec – arcade-style games
- Pogo – tons of online games
- airbnb Online Experiences – Try something new together with small groups from around the world. Join tango classes, tarot card readings, farm visits, and more—all while meeting new people.
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise – Enjoy a cruise (virtually!) that Kristy experienced last year! (For a more encompassing experience, enjoy these Dutch Meatballs while you watch – a hit on the cruise!)
- Disney World Rides – Take over 20 of Disney World’s best rides virtually
- 18 Best Travel Shows – Stream them now!